Jamboard is a collaboration platform by Google. It allows learners and teachers to facilitate interactive sessions where participants can simultaneously provide inputs in a "white board". Jamboard, unlike Miro, is slide-based, which means instead of an open whiteboard space, participants may work on per slide.
HOW TO FACILITATE LEARNING SESSION WITH JAMBOARD
- Go to https://jamboard.google.com/ or access it in the 9-dot Google Suite menu
- Select the + button to create a new Jam
- Format your Jamboard with a text, images, and shapes to create a fillable template. Jamboard, unlike Miro, has no pre-designed templates
- Click SHARE and get the link
- Add your participants in the SHARE WITH PEOPLE ND GROUPS or
- Get the LINK to be shared to your participants. Make sure to provide EDITOR to them.
- Start the collaboration
SOME FEATURES OF JAMBOARD
- You may customize by creating templates using shapes, images, and text
- Pen tool can be pen, marker, highlighter, and brush
- Ideation and mind mapping can be done using post-its
- Jamboard is slide-based, meaning you can present and integrate lessons in slides while using it.
Technology for Teachers and Students. (2020, August 27). Google Jamboard Software Tutorial. Retrieved from Technology for Teachers and Students YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDkPvDUSfoE